Reactive Summit is dedicated to providing a conference for technologists from various regions and communities. We want to make it a fun experience for everyone, regardless of gender, race, and many different backgrounds. All participants, including speakers and sponsors, are asked to be respectful to each other and comply with the following code of conduct.
All communication should be appropriate for a technology conference with a professional audience including people of many different backgrounds. Reactive Summit does not tolerate harassment of conference participants in any form.
We expect all participants, including guests, exhibitors, sponsors, booth staff, and the organizers, to follow these rules at all conference venues and conference-related social events. Participants asked to stop any harassing behavior (regardless of the intention) are expected to comply immediately.
Harassment includes, but is not limited to:
- Asking other participants out (comments about appearance, romatic or sextual interest) or inappropriate physical contact.
- Offensive verbal comments or discriminatory behaviors related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, age, race, nationality, ethnicity, or religion.
- Sexual images in public spaces.
- Deliberate intimidation; stalking, following, harassing photography or recording.
- Sustained disruption of talks or other events.
- Use of sexualized images, activities, or other material during the session.
- Use of sexualized clothing/uniforms/costumes by the booth staff or volunteers, or otherwise creating sexualized environment in the booth or the displayed material.
If a participant engages in harassing behavior, the conference organizers may take any action they deem appropriate, including warning the offender or expulsion from the conference with no refund. All participants, including guests, exhibitors, sponsors, booth staff, must comply to the order by the conference organizers immediately without condition.
The code of conduct is subject to change without notice.
If you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being harassed, please contact one of the following members or any nearby conference staff immediately.
- Kathleen Hayes ([email protected])
For any questions or concerns, please email the organizers at [email protected].
The text part of this policy is licensed under the Creative Commons Zero license. A similar code of conduct has been adopted by Scala Matsuri, PNW Scala, NE Scala, and Scala Days to provide a harassment-free conference. We also support the cause.