Lightbend Akka Streams for Scala - Professional
This one day course introduces experienced Akka developers to the Akka Streams API. Akka Streams enables the consumption of streaming data, in a fully non-blocking, asynchronous manner. It also allows us to consume that data while providing non-blocking backpressure to prevent mailbox overflows. Our goal is to learn the components that make up the Akka Streams API and how they interact. We will see a broad range of different Akka Streams components and have a chance to use many of them.
After having participated in this course you should
- Understand the basic concepts of Akka Streams
- Know how to build linear streams using Sources, Sinks, and Flows
- Know how to implement fault tolerant streams
- Know how to introduce non-linear graph shapes into your streams
- Be confident to start using Akka Streams in production systems
- Runnable Graphs
- Fault Tolerance
- Code examples and exercises will be written in Scala, so a basic knowledge of Scala is required.
- We will leverage operations similar to those in the Scala collections API. Knowledge of the collections API is expected.
- We will need concepts from Akka Actors. A basic knowledge of Actors, Dispatchers, and Mailboxes is required.
- Level: Intermediate - knowledge of and practical experience with Scala and Akka is assumed
- Length: One day - 8 hours of classroom time, plus breaks
- Approach: Extensive hands-on coding - students develop a workshop case study and produce an application based on a streaming architecture
- Requirements: Students must bring their own laptops with Java 8
- Lightbend Reactive Architecture - Professional
- Lightbend Scala Language - Professional
- Lightbend Scala Language - Expert
- Lightbend Akka for Scala - Professional
- Lightbend Akka for Scala - Expert
SHARE THIS WORKSHOP
YoppWorks, Senior Developer and Trainer
Francis is a software developer, convinced agilist with over 13 years experience developing highly scalable web/mobile/backend applications, optimizing work processes and managing dev teams. He is mostly interested by Functional Programming in general (Scala, Haskell,…) and distributed computing.
Francis is a senior developer / trainer at Yoppworks, a Scala-dedicated consulting company and co-organizes Lambda-Montreal, a meetup dedicated to Functional Programming.
View Workshops Workshop Tickets